Friday, August 28, 2009

Rainless Rainbows/ Jesus Is Coming Back Again

I drove up to the stop light. It was red. The female driver in front of me kept pointing adamantly out of her window at the sky. Suddenly she began pointing harder and harder and with more determination. So I tried to look in her rear view mirror to see if I knew her and try to figure out why she kept pointing out of her window. Was she trying to get my attention? I didn't recognize her, but with all of my travels I never know who really knows me or might recognize me. So I stuck my head out of the window and looked up at the sky. And low and behold there was a RAINBOW. How could that be? It had not even rained here. A rainless rainbow? So I stuck my head out of the window and hollered at the lady, "IT'S BEAUTIFUL" She looked back at me in surprise as two little heads stood up in her back seat. Ah, now I understand. She was trying to get her daughters to see the rainbow in the sky out of her window. The woman grinned back at me, "YES IT'S BEAUTIFUL!" I responded, "AIN'T GOD GRAND?" The light turned green and we instantly disconnected, pigeon holing ourselves back into our separate lives as we then drove on our separate ways. Never before in my 54 years have I seen a rainbow without it first having rained. This morning I awakened to the vision of thousands of people at stop lights pointing at the sky, when Jesus makes his grand entrance, returning on his horse, coming back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment