Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Will the real women please stand up?

Hello. I am just now finding this wonderful project of encouragement. (realwomenrealadvice.com/2009/02/20/learning-to-recognize-psychological-abuse) Hey all you shugahs out there--don't fret, I'm living proof that there is hope. You CAN move on!!! You CAN again rely upon yourself, think for yourself, love your self and love for your self. One thing we have to do as women is stop being "girls". When a man gets his first extracurricular hairs, he and the rest of the world around him, call him a MAN. At what point in a "girls" lifedom, does she cease being a girl and cross over into the title of WOMAN? I am 50 plus now, birth and suckled two children, travelled and fed thousands of people in 3rd world countries, written award winning books, have been penned one of America's Top 100 Literary Divas yet I am still addressed as a "girl" How many breasts and what cup size does it take in order to be treasured as a woman? How many souffles, how many lawns do I have to mow and how may months of breast feeding do I have to log before I am recognized as a woman? How many tampons and diapers must I have changed? How many steaks must I have sauteed? I once challenged another 50 something woman when we were out to lunch and a high school lad came to wait on our table and said, "What would you girls like to drink?" I corrected the lad who turned all shades of purple when I asked him what did I need to do to prove to him that I was a woman. He sniggled uncomfortably and took both of our orders of sweet tea. I asked my friend why did she not speak up in her behalf as being a woman. Her response, "I like being called a girl, it makes me feel young." I guess I'm a one woman revolution. Cause I definitely suggest that if we are gonna win the war on domestic violence. I will need all of the girls to stay home...Yolantha

No comments:

Post a Comment