Friday, February 5, 2010

America--LOOK WHAT I FOUND...

“Come, they are here. Let me show you.”
We step into the entry for Pastor Jules’ bakery. The entry area is barely larger than my front porch, about 25 feet by 12 feet. I am overwhelmed. I count approximately 76 children in various stages of nakedness. Some laps are holding 2 and 3 smaller children. There are probably closer to 90, for the children seem to keep shifting making it hard to get an exact count. I had with me my back pack with treats for the children. But I had only filled it half full, not realizing what I was coming to witness. I began to hand out ‘Lil Debbie Crackers’ knowing that I did not have enough. But to my astonishment every child gets fed. Every time I reached into my back pack there were more crackers. After every child is proudly holding a pack of crackers, to my human amazement there are still crackers in the back pack. I dump the contents on the table used for kneading Pastor Jules’ bread. I dumped out enough crackers for the children to eat again on tomorrow...Oh the miracle of it. I whisper a thank you that is insufficient for such a sufficient God.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful story, a miracle of crackers.

    The children and people of Haiti are blessed by your presence.

    Hugs,
    Cheryl Kaye Tardif
    www.cherylktardif.com

    ReplyDelete